Funky Trax Funky Trax

I like all the tracks. Just not together,

The EP part sounds nice in spite of not fully jiving with the base, tone-wise.
That clav track, Though.
It doesn't blend because it's not playing the same progression.

I get that it's about the rhythm, but the keys must match (or be complementary).

If you listen with all the drums muted, you'll have a much easier time telling if your tracks are working. Most of the time, if any two layers of sound are clashing, it will effect the whole track. Better to cut too much than too little.

Hope that helps.

Hutchmeow316 responds:

thanx for the feedback!

A NEWER DAWN A NEWER DAWN

That is some legit funk !
The mix is immaculate, too. So clean.

R U FKN RDY(loop) R U FKN RDY(loop)

Funny, yeah, okay true. Fair enough.
But This little loops's got some solid groove to it.

Here's a cool trick...
Hear how your wubs sound late, even though they are right on time? You don't have to mess with the wub attack to make it hit better.
The trick is to add a second kick track, way in back. use a really short, plain kick with a sharp attack (almost a click) and a mellow tone. kick on the wubs that you want to hit the beat solid.

Triented responds:

Actually, this wub was obtained by using a retriggered LFO with sine on 3xosc :PPPP. I intended for the wubs to be offbeat. That's an interesting tactic you've offered though, I'll be sure to write it down man, should it be inverted-sidechained to the wub?

balls dropping into soggy mud :OOOO oh jesus balls dropping into soggy mud :OOOO oh jesus

Hey, Personal taste aside,This is nice. I think I even liked it.

I don't usually go for atonal stuff unless it's strictly a beat track
(or something I did. lol)
I really liked the side-chain thing you were doing with the long attack 15 seconds in.
That hat track from 00:14 to 00:52 is a bit painful, though. It could really work for you, though if you pulled it back just a touch a first, and cut it off completely along with every track except that little reverse burst 00:12 .
Then bring everything back on the next one count, with the hat just barely up front. and from there fade to behind those quiet moody things at 00:27.
Yeah. all the way through, that hat wants to be more cozy up next to it's friends.
So, let's see...
Vagifloral imagery +69
poetry /23) + 5.... because I don't really understand poetry
extra cool use of adsr variants (5 +0 +3+4) / 4
Newgrounds Nubonus +2
( 69 / 23 ) + 5 + ( ( 8+ 0 + 3 +5)/4) +2 = 14
(- 75% for shipping and fondling)
3.5

HowDoEyeLogOut responds:

ok ill translate that when im less inebriated i hope your numbers count thanks for the slight direction i need it. SCOUT ME BTW

Afternoon Smoke Funk Afternoon Smoke Funk

This is total sweetness!
not all that crazy about the string samps, but that's just me.

Hillbilly Blues Hillbilly Blues

Effin' A, baby!
I didn't know this would rock so damn hard!
there's nothing here to criti- wait. WHA HAPPEN TO ROCK?!
NO MAKE ROCK STOP! MAKE ROCK GO MORE! <loop activated>
I;m guessing the extra beat at the end is so someone could trim, and loop.
Nice touch,that.
I got turned onto this, because some of my stuff is on an angryTestie vid with this, and I'm taking a tour. Man, I'm glad I did!

ZuneInc responds:

haha im glad you like it;D i would want more exposure to these kind of songs but they never seem to get much attention. Especially if they ar more analog than digital. Feel free to use these, would love to see some vids with my work playin on the background. Thanks!

-Queens garden- -Queens garden-

This is not my normal thing (That'd be funk), but Wow, It's so dynamic and the mix is so lush! primo!
Stewart Copland better watch out.

late night vibe loop late night vibe loop

Man, That's Nice!
Well worth someone's time to expand on, improvise off, groove to, or play with.

I'd snag a copy myself, But I'm trying to cut back on doing weird shit to your material.

Father-of-Death responds:

You know you want to! >:)

Awakening Of The Bear Awakening Of The Bear

You've managed to create some really nice moods with this one. You managed to get your gear to swagger, through a good part of it, too. But your second drop caught me totally off guard;
classic GM "Polysynth" type sound.
Man, we have got to see what we can to about sorting you out with more versatile Synths for your DAW (still garage band?).

are you running on a PC? I'm hoping so, because there's a free program called Buzz
main site => http://buzzmachines.com/
it's basically a sequencer environment, but has literally ( I kid you not ) hundreds of free synths, and effects. now, the websight has been a ghost-town for the last 5 years, or so, but you can still download all the goodies. The only thing is... If a Web Site can be Haunted, like a house, this would be that site. it's just got this -- vibe to it.
Mean-while, I'll see if I can get in touch with some musicians more savvy than me In things Macentosh To see what's good, and what's free.

++ You know, This isn't Fucking Zomboy, but it's better than Two stars, easy. So, Here's what we're gonna do... BAM!

Voice Message 1 Voice Message 1

I'm Sooo snagging these seven beat sounds! I'm not totally crazy about #4, But the rest will be great for a Kraft-Werk type loop.

Father-of-Death responds: